WVA BLAZERS TRYOUTS
If you're interested in playing BLAZERS Club volleyball, you must tryout during the Volleyball Manitoba approved tryout period which during the weekend of December 9th and 10th.These dates are the same for all Clubs in Manitoba. Since all Clubs host tryouts on the same weekend, it can be important to plan your tryouts accordingly.
TEN TRYOUT TIPS (and other ones too!)
1. Before you decide where to tryout, check out the various Clubs and what they offer.
- How many practices per week?
- Where and when are the practices?
- How many tournaments?
- Do they go to Nationals?
2. Ensure the Club you're interested in is approved by Volleyball Manitoba.
- This is an important piece as Clubs are required to meet specific criteria to be approved by VM.
- Clubs that aren't approved are not able to participate in Provincials or Nationals.
3. Get a feel for the Club's philosophy. Does it align with yours?
- Are they inclusive?
- Fair play or not?
- What kind of feel do you get when you look at their social media & website?
- Do they offer mentorship opportunities for athletes or coaches?
4. Speak to some players (and parents/guardians of players) and find out what their experience is with the Club.
5. Find out who the coaches are for your age class.
- Do they have female role models? (We honour all genders, but also recognize that role models are important)
6. Determine what the fees would be for your Club season.
- Do the fees include tournament entry fees, or are those additional?
- Do the fees include Provincials and Nationals entry fees?
- Is there additional travel and accommodations required?
- Do the fees include merchandise and if so, which merchandise? (jerseys? sweats? backpack?)
7. Is the Club open to questions about their program?
- If you do ask them questions, are they responsive?
8. Once you've figured out where you want to play, make sure you register for tryouts.
- WVA BLAZERS tryouts are limited in number so our coaches get a chance to see all athletes.
- Tryouts costs vary among Clubs.
- Determine which age class you're eligible to play. If you have a birthday after September 1st, you're likely able to play your age class or the age class below yours. This can prove to be a big advantage for athletes.
- If your athlete is playing for 17U or 18U, check VM's site to find out how many spots and which spots are open on the various teams.
9. Prepare for tryouts.
- If you haven't been playing in a while, seek out opportunities to get some court time.
- If you're new to Club Volleyball, camps may be helpful.
- If you're following our social media, watch for additional tips closer to tryouts.
10. If you have any questions please reach out to us. There is also more information @BLAZERS Club Volleyball.
2023 WVA BLAZERS CLUB TRYOUTS
13/14U @ Shamrock School, 831 Beaverhill Boulevard
13U - Born September 1, 2010 to December 31, 2011
14U - Born September 1, 2009 to December 31, 2010
December 9th, 2023
- 9:00 am - 11:00 am - *SOLD OUT*
- 11:30 am - 1:30 pm - *SOLD OUT*
- 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm - *SOLD OUT*
15U @Shamrock School, 831 Beaverhill Boulevard
15U - Born September 1, 2008 to December 31, 2009
December 9th, 2023
- 9:00 am - 11:00 am *SOLD OUT*
- 11:30 am - 1:30 pm *SOLD OUT*
- 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm *SOLD OUT*
16U @ Victor H L Wyatt School, 485 Meadowood Drive
16U - Born September 1, 2007 to December 31, 2008
December 9th, 2023
- 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- 12:30 - 2:30 pm - *SOLD OUT*
- REGISTER NOW
17/18U @ Soul Sanctuary, 2050 Chevrier Boulevard
17U - Born September 1, 2006 to December 31, 2007
18U - Born September 1, 2005 to December 31, 2006
December 10th, 2023
We will be hosting winter camp this year on Tuesday evenings from 6-8 pm in the south end of the city. We're prepping for Club season right now, but wanted to let you know our winter camp will likely start late January. We'll update here and on our social media as soon as we have the registration launched! Thanks!